This herb is known in Ayurveda for treatment against stress, spasm, amenorrhea, nervous problems, epilepsy, convulsion and hysteria. It is known by different names such as Jatamansi, spikenard, nard, nardin, muskroot, balchar, sumbul-ut- teeb, sambul lateeb. It is a good memory enhancer. When used in combination with Vach, it gives mental strength.
- Part User – Root
- Place where it can be found – Himalayas
- Aroma – Soft Aroma
- In combination with different herbs it is used for different purposes
- It arrests hair fall. Regular use with synergistic combination of other herbs stops greying of hair.
- It softens the skin and reduces wrinkles. It reduces irritation of the skin caused by heat. Cures skin infections.
- Regular use of this herb is good for heart
- Burning or steam of jatamansi clears the air
- Jatamansi oil is used for hair fall and relaxation
- It is good for reducing swelling and pain
- It helps in arresting hair fall
- It is a natural calming herb. When used for hair wash and bath, it calms the nerves.
Contraindications: Not to be used during mensuration/pregnancy. If used in excess can cause vomiting and lose motions.
Disclaimer: The information given here can not be used for medical purposes or treatment.